Powered By Blogger

Monday 21 May 2012

essay 12

Where’s the Love?
Cole Blake
8 English
4/24/12

Where’s the love by the black eyed peas is a great song that teaches us about the terrible things happening in the world right now. The song mentions The bloods, The crips, and the KKK. It also mentions Kids acting like what they see in the movies. These two lines in the song are very meaningful and relate to the world.


Where’s the love is a great song that easily relates to the world of today. When the song talks about The bloods, a large gang in america, and the crips, another large gang in america, and the KKK I thought about how many people have died because of them. In total between the Bloods and Crips more than 15000 people have been killed. The Bloods and Crips are two rival gangs that are spread across the country, killing each other all day, every day. The KKK is a racist group that kills all races besides white americans. In total they have killed 1937 people, a much smaller number then the Bloods and Crips. The KKK have only killed different races and only during a very important part of history. This was a very meaningful part of song that made me think about my world.

“Kids wanna act like what they see in the cinema”, easily reminded me of my life when I was very young. When I was young I would act like people in the movies I watched. Even if the movie involved violence I suddenly had the urge to play games with my friends that involved shooting each other with imaginary guns. This easily tells kids that violence is ok. I know that most kids act like what they see in movies because of all the items sold at stores involving movies. For example superman, a popular superhero, will be on tv and then kids might want to buy something involving superman. Although superman is not violent it still shows that kids like to act like the people they watch in movies. Movies need to warn adults about the movie more so they can stop their kids from watching them.

Between The crips, The bloods, The KKK and young children seeing R rated movies the world is having more and more violence.The crips, The bloods, and The KKK kill people every day while young children watch movies that make them think violence is ok. These are two things happening in our own country that bring lots of violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment