Powered By Blogger

Thursday 5 January 2012

Essay 6

Then It Goes Back
Wavin Flag Relating to To Kill A Mockingbird
By: Cole Blake
12/7/11
In the song “Wavin Flag” there is a line that I think directly relates to the book To Kill A Mockingbird. This line is “And then it goes back”and I think it relates to Miss Maudie’s quote “Don’t worry about me, Jean Louise Finch. There are ways of doing things you don’t know about.”. I think there are three main ways that the song could possible relate to this quote.


(T.S)Sitting there thinking about a quote from the from the song “Wavin Flag”, “And then it goes back” did not mean a lot to me but after reviewing it thoroughly I realised it meant a lot more then I previously thought . (S.D)For one, it has a lot to do with sports. (CM)When playing a sport like football or soccer you have to try to score. (CM)When you do you feel great, but then the other team will score right after and take away your former renown.(SD)The same thing happens when you try hard, the other team will try even harder. (CM)This quote could also refer to my life. When I am working on math homework and finally finish the problem I will realise I made a mistake and have to redo the whole problem. (CM)Also, when cooking things, if you forget an ingredient you will have to remake the whole meal. (CS)I am so glad i took the time to ponder over this quote because now i know a lot more about the song.

(TS) A quote from To Kill A Mockingbird relates a lot to this line from “Wavin Flag”. (SD)The quote reminded me a lot about hope and how you need it after the other team scores and lets you down. (CM)I think she means hope because scout is only a little girl and does not understand much about having hope. (CM)Miss Maudie will need hope after watching her house burn to a crisp. (SD)Miss Maudie’s quote also reminded me of my life when I need hope. (CM)Although my house has not burnt down I still have had times where I needed hope. (CM)For example, when I get sick i need to hope that I get better so I do not miss any more school. (CS)Miss Maudie’s quote made me think about how we all need hope at some point in our lives.

I think this line can easily relate to Miss Maudie’s quote in many ways. A lot of this quote has to do with hope, so does the song “Wavin Flag”. I also think it has to do with sports and soccer. “Wavin Flag” was the song for the 2010 world cup and has a lot of lines relating to soccer. There are so many ways this quote and song can relate to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment